Monday, June 18, 2007

Looking for Bigfoot

Great friend and teammate Fuzzy threw out an invite to come up to his neck of the woods (Humboldt County) and race the 12hrs of Weaverville. So after just a short 13hr drive Bern, Mario, and I found ourselves in Weaverville. We checked into our hotel and met up with Fuzzy to pre-ride the course. Wow what an amazing place. A nice (except in the heat) 3 mile fire road climb then 8 miles of super fun downhill single track through redwoods on old flume trails.
The race was great! My first lap I rode with Fuzzy and when we came into the pit area Bernice yelled at us to slow down. So I slowed up a little and Fuzzy kept to his pace. Fuzzy had just won the Cohutta and the Dirt, Sweat and Gears races a few weeks prior so I was not about to tell him to slow up.


Man oh man what a great course! 8 miles of downhill; oh yeah well you still had to climb for 3 miles to get to it. As the day got hotter that 3 mile climb sure sucked but the downhill was so worth it that you didn't seem to care. I ended up getting 2nd place in the Pro Mens Solo category behind fellow Ergon rider Sloane Anderson. As for the rest of my Sho-Air teammates:


Louise 1st pro female


Bern & Mario 1st pro duo


Fuzzy had sciatica problems and still finished 6th

1 comment:

Lucas said...

Hey Josh!
It was cool to find your blog. It's set up with the same colors and layout of mine! Are you doing solo worlds at Laguna Seca this year? I did my first earlier this month on a 4 person team. All season I had waited for this event and now I am hooked. We are signed up to do a 2 man in Idywild in Sept. With a couple 12 hour solos at the end of the year, I hope to be ready for a solo 24 next season?! I would love to pick you brain on training sometime!
Peace,
Lucas Crawford