Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Southridge Winter Series

Coming off of last year's 4th place finish at the 24 Hour Solo World Championships, I really had no desire to do any XC races this year. My main focus was to train hard for the marathon series but NORBA screwed up that idea. So being that I am riding for Team Sho-air this year, some of the guys talked me into doing the Southridge series. HA HA! My first race was a success. I took first place by an entire 10 minutes! So I decided that I would try my luck with the rest of the series. Well it turns out that I'm not so bad at XC after all. I ended up taking first place at all the races and won my first overall series title with times good enough to do well at the Norba Nationals at Fontana. Now I'm faced with the decision to keep doing XC races or start training for the 24's. Hmmmm, decisions, decisions!

No comments: